Perception Point is proud to be, once again, listed as a Representative Vendor for Integrated Email Security Solutions in Gartner’s 2020 Market Guide Report for Email Security. Being shortlisted by Gartner is strong evidence of Perception Point’s powerful technological capabilities, product offering, and commercial success.
In their in-depth report, Gartner analysts provide a comprehensive view of the evolving Email Security market and upcoming trends, including, most interestingly, the creation of a new threat vector – collaboration channels-based attacks.
According to Gartner, “Despite the growth in more targeted attacks through other vectors, email is still the most common channel for opportunistic and targeted attacks, as well as a significant source of data loss.” In other words, although sometimes considered a “managed” attack vector, email is still the biggest challenge CISOs and security experts face in 2020.
What are the key threats?
For the first time, Gartner added a new threat vector to the world of content-based attacks, now totaling four main threats:
- Attachment-based: a file with a dropper or a malicious payload
- URL-based: phishing or a link to an exploit
- Text-based: social engineering, such as BEC
- Collaboration Platforms / Cloud Office Systems (new) – creative, collaboration, communication, social, coordination, and data services, along with APIs that enable integration with other systems. These include cloud storage platforms, file sharing apps, instant-messaging solutions, and more.
How can you pick the right solution for you?
This report lists key features and focus areas that can be used to assess which solutions best fit your specific need. The key ones, in our mind, are detailed below:
- Advanced threat detection for files and URLs, and texts, covering all vectors
- Anti-Phishing Behavioral Conditioning – end-user training and reporting
- Post-delivery protection
- Integration – ability to connect via MX Record, API, or both
- Deployment – ability to be deployed without interfering with existing email and content flow
- Ability to test – options to conduct POC without creating significant overhead
Based on our experience, after comparing all the key features and “marketing materials”, the best way to choose the email security solution is direct and simple – head-to-head testing. This ensures you:
- Can see for yourself the efficiency of the different solutions
- Can compare results without data manipulations
- Can understand which vendor is the best fit for your specific traffic
Perception Point is proud to be among the most reputable email security solutions in the market. Our solutions are being constantly tested vs. other market leaders, demonstrating improved detection and better user experience.
The Perception Point Angle.
“We are proud to be recognized by Gartner as a Representative Vendor of Integrated Email Security Solutions, which we feel is a category which highlights all of our strengths,” says Yoram Salinger, CEO of Perception Point. “firstly, we provide next-gen service for email-borne attacks across all shapes and sized; secondly, we protect all collaboration channels; and thirdly, we are deployed in minutes, allowing CISO to see value in no time”.
“Perception Point solutions are currently deployed in many global enterprises, across all sizes”, Added Yoram. “Gartner’s recognition goes hand by hand with the success we see in our business, protecting Healthcare, Retails, Tech, Telecom, Financial Services organizations and others”
“We believe that we can upgrade the security of any enterprises” stated Michael Aminov, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Perception Point. “We prevent countless emails, files, URLs, and collaboration messages each and every day, regardless if we are being deployed as the only solution or on top of Office 365 / G-Suite. This is thanks to our multi-layered technology and the human-driven Incident Response service we provide each client”
Perception Point’s highlights from the report:
- 2 of 2 – listed for 2 years in a row
- Moved to the Integrated Email Security Solutions which comprises market leaders in email security
- The report features 3 different Perception Point products: Advanced Email Security, Advanced Internal Email Security, and Advanced Collaboration Security
Want to learn more?
Download the full, complimentary report here.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Perception Point
Perception Point is a Prevention-as-a-Service, delivering advanced cybersecurity solutions for global enterprises across the world. Founded in 2015 by experts from the elite Israeli cyber-intelligence units, the company is backed by prominent VCs and led by experienced tech veterans.
Our mission is to lead advanced threat prevention across enterprise collaboration channels like email, messaging, cloud storage, and more. We have developed the first-and-only solution to scan 100% of traffic dynamically, delivering the most effective cybersecurity solution in the market.