The Gartner ® Market Guide for Email Security
1 report – 2 major conclusions from the Gartner Market Guide for Email Security:
- “Ransomware, impersonation and account takeover attacks are increasing and causing direct financial loss, as users place too much trust in the identities associated with email inherently vulnerable to deception and social engineering.”
- “With the shift to remote and hybrid working, communication is moving beyond just email to include collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams and Slack with users outside the organization. These have the potential to be used by attackers for phishing and malware distribution.”
In the Market Guide for Email Security, Gartner analysts provide the most comprehensive overview of the email security market and discuss the potential threat of other content-based attacks. With the continued increase of phishing attacks and migration to cloud email, security leaders must continually evaluate their organization’s email security controls and processes.
Read the full report and see how Perception Point is recognized by Gartner analysts for the third time in a row and listed as a Representative Integrated Cloud Email Security (ICES) Vendor – a new category introduced in this market guide.
- Main email security threats
- Where the email security market is heading and the new threat of collaboration security
- Where Security Email Gateways (SEGs) excel and where they could do better
- The shift to Integrated Cloud Email Security (ICES) solutions and the advantages of deploying ICES solutions for email security
- Market recommendations for SRM leaders responsible for email security
Gartner, Market Guide for Email Security, Mark Harris, Peter Firstbrook, Ravisha Chugh, Mario de Boer, 7 October 2021
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.